Ninth Wave's servers are protected by a range of physical, electronic and environmental security measures, which include:
- all production servers have dual processors, RAID disc arrays and redundant power supplies,
- all servers are covered by a 24x7 4-hour fault to repair service contract with the manufacturer,
- the hosting facilities are fully air-conditioned, with fire detection and suppression, lightning protection and water leak detection,
- the facilities provide multiple diversely routed fibre connections to the internet,
- the facilities provide both UPS and generator backup power in the event of mains power failure,
- the facilities have 24x7 physical security and with intruder alarms and CCTV,
- physical access to the production servers is strictly controlled using photo ID cards and an electronic door access control system,
- customer access to SmartCore is protected by an SSL server certificate with 128-bit encryption,
- incremental, full and off site backups, with optional disaster recovery services.
The hosting environment has been penetration-tested by independent security specialists and certified to provide a high level of security for commercially valuable data.
Ninth Wave is Certified for Cyber Essentials:
Our data centres hold the ISO27001 Certification for Information Security Management: